= Dutch language only! = in Dutch, but also in English!
- Wieringer links
- Links about Wieringen elsewhere on the Internet
- Links to other regional sites
- The Wieringen municipality. The new site has a lot to offer, though it's not updated very often.
- The Wieringen tourist office. Could be a nice site, if only they removed the announcement for the Easter market that was 8 months ago
- The Den Oever harbour. A site dedicated to the renewal of the Den Oeverse harbour.
- The weg van de Vikingen. A site of a foundation that tries to make the Early Middleages accessible to a large audience.
- The local radio Zuiderzee (LOZ). On this site an attempt to make a link page to all Wieringer people with a homepage. Unfortunately many dead links!
- >De Oecumenical Centre Michaelskerk. About the church at Oosterland: nice to know facts and a diary for upcoming events.
- Something completely different: De Aurora bar in Hippo.
- Orchestra ("wind-band" says the dictionary) Apollo from Den Oever
- Arjaan Willeboordse's very elaborate Wieringer Fishingfleet pages. Most ships have a discription and a picture.
- Het Land van Wieringen has a lot of interesting information about the cheesefarm at the borders of Oosterland.
- The Wieringer Sanghers. Madonna is still working on madonna.com, but the folkchoir De Wieringer Sanghers already has its own site (and a representative in Canada!)
Interesting sites about Wieringen elsewhere on the Internet
- The coat of arms of Wieringen explained according to the heraldic traditions.
- The inevitable vikinghoard of Westerklief in the National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden.
- About the building of a fly-over near Westerland.
- Strictly speaking medieval reenactment group Wierde Wironii are not really from Wieringen, but in their reconstruction of life in the 9th century they are!
Sites about the region
- Ad van Oers' Slootdorp site. Very extensive site on all aspects of the village of Slootdorp and the Wieringermeer.
- Ben Dijkhuis' Westfrisian castles site. Ben has started a very interesting site on the castles built by the count of Holland to watch over rebellious Westfrisians
Links that don't work anymore, or are not yet listed? Let me know!
start / Dutch | history | legends | old photos | villages | anthem | links | search